The Douglas Shed School, near Gray was in operation by the mid 1870’s. It was later known as Evening Star School and was closed in 1932. (building no longer on the site)
This 1935 USGS topographical map shows the location of
the Evening Star School (Douglas Shed School) near the
intersection of Hog Hollow Road and Ford Creek Road .